PERFECT RETREAT OR HIDEAWAY HOME WITH BEAUTIFUL RAINFOREST AND PRISTINE CREEK
Enjoy the pristine creek, rainforest, flora and fauna, and a waterfall with hydro near the house on 12 hectares / 32 acres close to World Heritage Tropics.
2 bedroom timber Queenslander, open plan kitchen, lounge/dining flowing out to wide timber decks
• Renovated silky oak wood railway station built in 1926.
• Off the grid, stand alone solar power and hydro.
• Recycled into a home 30 years ago from the original Boogan Railway Station
• Breathtaking driveway lined by giant Queensland maples, native plants and ferns
• The sounds of the creek and waterfall flow through the property, bringing the outdoors in
• 2 garages / sheds and 1 carport
• Trees include Queensland Maple, silky oak, red cedar, white beech, blackbean, quandong, 2 fruiting mangosteens, palms and ferns.
• Telstra connected and access to NBN available if required
• Gas hot water and Clivus Multrum composting toilet.
• Water has ram pump from the creek to a 20,000 litre holding tank which gravity feeds the house
• Total privacy with morning chorus of bird habitat, some cleared grassed areas for scrub turkeys and paddy melons. A cassowary was sighted in July 2017 in the grounds.
• Approximately half way between James Cook University Townsville and Cairns Campuses.
• Close by is the award winning tourist attraction of Paronella Park and the iconic Mena Creek Pub and school.
Twenty minutes to Innisfail and just over 2 hours to Cairns International Airport.
Contact Chris Marsh on 0427278473 or email: email@example.com for further information or to arrange your private inspection.